- Pastor Caela will be on vacation this upcoming week. If you have an urgent pastoral care need during this time, please contact Pastor Sue, a Minister of Care, or the church office during regular office hours.
- We will be taking a "road trip" to Plymouth Congregational UCC in Lawrence on Sunday, Sep. 6. Plymouth's service will be livestreamed here at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. We will also share a link to the service on our Facebook page on Sunday morning. If you prefer to worship at our regular time of 10:45 a.m. you can visit Plymouth's website to watch the service when you're ready. Note: Plymouth will be celebrating Communion this Sunday, so please bring something to eat and something to drink.
- We will still gather for our regular Zoom Fellowship Hour at 11:45 a.m. in our regular Fellowship Zoom room. We hope you can join us for a time of conversation and connection!
- Our Adult Sunday School class (via Zoom)is taking a break on Sep. 6th due to Labor Day but starts back up again on Sep. 13th with a class on Forgiveness. The Tuesday book group begins a new book on Sep. 8th and would love to have new participants. You'll find information about both here.
- We will be having weeknight Zoom classes for kids this year instead of Sunday morning classes. The first class for kids will be Monday, Sep. 7th. Reach out to Brandy (kids) or Brittani (youth) to make sure you're getting updates for kids' and youth activities.
- Save the date for another Conversation on Race and Reconciliation - September. 14th. More information here.
- Our friends at Plymouth have invited everyone in the Kansas-Oklahoma Conference to participate in a Zoom class using the UCC's White Privilege curriculum. Classes will begin on Wednesday, Sep. 16th and you'll find more info here.
- There’s a new opportunity for singers in our congregation….we are partnering with other congregations in the Kansas-Oklahoma Conference of the United Church of Christ to create a virtual choir. You don’t need fancy recording equipment...just something like a computer, tablet, or smartphone. There will be rehearsals starting soon but there is also an opportunity to simply record your part without attending rehearsals. For more information about how to get involved, please contact Gretchen Lewis.
- A reminder that we have several opportunities to gather via Zoom each week - Tuesday book group, Wednesday youth group, and Thursday Prayers. You'll find the links on our website here.
Worship with us.
If you are having difficulty accessing the online services, please don't be shy. Reach out to our church office so we can assist. We are also happy to send you a copy of the sermon via U.S. mail or e-mail.