- Cassidy is starting another book group via Zoom on September 25th. They will be studying Ibram Kendi's How to Be an Antiracist. Contact Cassidy for the Zoom link.
- The CROP Walk is October 4th. To walk or support a walker you can contact Deane Lehmann or learn more on the Manhattan CROP Walk webpage. CROP Walk is an annual event to raise funds to help end hunger globally and locally.
- If you would like to provide financial support for those facing the devastation of the wildfires on the West Coast you can do so through the United Church of Christ. Click here to learn more and make your donation.
- We have two new resources on our website that you might find useful during the week. Visit uccmanhattan.org/devotionals to access free online devotionals anytime or uccmanhattan.org/music to access video and audio of music from our services.
- Did you know we have a team called the Ministers of Care who provide care for those in our congregation who are in need of additional connection and support or are going through a major life transition? If you or someone you know needs some additional TLC, please let the church office or pastors know.
- There’s a new opportunity for singers in our congregation….we are partnering with other congregations in the Kansas-Oklahoma Conference of the United Church of Christ to create a virtual choir. You don’t need fancy recording equipment...just something like a computer, tablet, or smartphone. There will be rehearsals starting soon but there is also an opportunity to simply record your part without attending rehearsals. For more information about how to get involved, please contact Gretchen Lewis.
- A reminder that we have several opportunities to gather via Zoom each week - Tuesday book group, Wednesday youth group, and Thursday Prayers. You'll find the links on our website here.
- Our adult Sunday School class (via Zoom) is currently studying Forgiveness. The Tuesday book group begins a new book on Sep. 8th and would love to have new participants. You'll find information about both here.
- We will be having weeknight Zoom classes for kids this year instead of Sunday morning classes. Reach out to Brandy (kids) or Brittani (youth) to make sure you're getting updates for kids' and youth activities.
Worship with us.
If you are having difficulty accessing the online services, please don't be shy. Reach out to our church office so we can assist. We are also happy to send you a copy of the sermon via U.S. mail or e-mail.