Communion Options for the First Sunday of Each Month
We invite you to join us for Holy Communion on the first Sunday of the month. Weather permitting, we will have three opportunities for receiving the elements:
In case of inclement weather, an announcement will be made during Zoom worship on Sunday morning.
Drive Through Communion Details
Communion on the Lawn Details
- NOTE: we previously had people sign up in advance to reserve a spot, but you are now able to just drop by without signing up as we believe we have space on the lawn for everyone who wants to attend
- Please stagger your arrival between 12:00-12:15 p.m. We will begin the service at 12:15 p.m. and wrap up by 12:45 p.m.
- Please bring a face mask and lawn chairs/blanket for your family.
- When you arrive, please be sure to leave room between you and other people as you approach the sign in table.
- At the sign in table you will sanitize your hands, pick up prepackaged communion elements, and the usher will assist you in finding your assigned spot (marked by a cone).
- Please be sure to read all the health requirements below.
Health Requirements for Our Gatherings
As we continue to learn more about the coronavirus, we are learning more about how we can safely be together. Our congregational leadership has carefully planned traffic flow and requirements for Communion on the Lawn with community health in mind. We ask that everyone carefully read the health guidelines when you sign up. When you reserve your spot, you are agreeing to care for the health of others by following the guidelines. If you have any questions, please reach out to the church office.
- Those who are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, are awaiting a test result for COVID-19, have been exposed to anyone who has COVID-19 or is awaiting a COVID-19 test result, or fall into any other category that should be quarantined according to our health department may not attend.
- Masks will be worn for the entirety of the event (except to be removed very briefly while receiving the Communion elements). If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you at the check in table.
- When you arrive: please put on your mask before exiting your vehicle. Please be sure to leave at least six feet between you and other people as you approach the check in table.
- At the check in table, sanitize hands using the provided sanitizer before you pick up your prepackaged Communion elements.
- The greeter at the table will assign you a designated space. An usher will show you to your assigned space. Please place your chair or blanket right next to the cone.
- Everyone must stay in their designated space and maintain at least six feet distance from those they don’t live with. We know it’s hard to see each other and not hug or shake hands. But we also know that we can do hard things!