A special shoutout this month to Reggie Moore who serves as our staff host. Reggie is present each Sunday evening to greet our guests and hand out meals. Because Reggie serves in this role at several other Common Table sites he provides a friendly and known face for our guests and consistency from site to site. We are so grateful for Reggie's service and we rely on your financial donations to fund this staff position.
Second Helping takes many, many people working behind the scenes to plan the menus, procure the groceries, prepare the lunches, bake homemade desserts, cook the food, and serve it. There are many ways to be involved with Second Helping - from coming in to cook to cooking at home, buying supplies or making a cash donation.
Want to help? Here’s how:
• Sign up to make desserts for 60 with the UCC Sign-Up Genius (you could do 30 and have a friend do 30)
• Help cook and prep on Sunday – contact Di
• Fix sack lunches during the week – contact Linda
• Porch drop fresh fruit (lunches), cookies, instant oatmeal, breakfast bars – contact Linda
• Bake dinner rolls, muffins or other goodies to include with our suppers – contact Linda
• To make a cash donation to the Second Helping, please donate via PayPal and indicate "Second Helping" in the memo OR mail your check to 700 Poyntz, Manhattan, KS 66502 with "Second Helping" in the memo.