- NEW adult Sunday School class begins next week and it's only TWO weeks long so you don't want to miss it. We are welcoming Mary Kay Whitacre from the Sophia Center in Atchison via Zoom. Mary Kay will lead us in a two-week exploration of Prayerful Pauses. Learn more about this special class that takes place Oct. 18 and 25 here.
- We served 527 meals in the month of September through our Second Helping ministry. To read the monthly update and learn more about how you can support this ministry click here.
- Board of Justice & Witness updates: if you would like a BLM MHK yard sign please click here for more information and to order. Our J&W board has also put together some helpful tips for voting in the upcoming election and you'll find those here.
- Our river is supplied with water from many streams that feed it. First Congregational UCC blessed with your giving and the generosity of members and friends. Throughout this month, our worship services will feature members who will share their thoughts on giving and generosity in an interview format. We will be sharing short videos with reflections from other members and other updates on our Friday email updates (sign up for Friday updates here). Additionally, be on the lookout for a special mailing from our stewardship committee later this week. It will include information about giving and your a blank pledge card that we are hoping you’ll be able to return before November 1st.
- We have two new resources on our website that you might find useful during the week. Visit uccmanhattan.org/devotionals to access free online devotionals anytime or uccmanhattan.org/music to access video and audio of music from our services.
- A reminder that we have several opportunities to gather via Zoom each week - Sunday and Monday School for adults and kids, Tuesday book group, youth group, and Thursday Prayers. You'll find the links on our website here.
Worship with us.
If you are having difficulty accessing the online services, please don't be shy. Reach out to our church office so we can assist. We are also happy to send you a copy of the sermon via U.S. mail or e-mail.